The Applying Big Data Technologies training course focuses on providing a current look at the Big Data technology available on the market and what the decision points are when choosing a stack for you organization.
- Gain a fundamental understanding of Big Data
- Learn the major processing frameworks used for Big Data processing
- Explore several case studies of how Big Data has been leveraged at several companies
What You'll Learn
In the Applying Big Data Technologies training course you’ll learn:
- The Current state of Big Data
- What is happening in Data Science
- Top Ten Reasons for Adopting Big Data
- Usage Scenarios
- Streaming vs Micro Batch
- The Core of the Big Data Stack
- Top 5 Processing Frameworks running Big Data
- Reference Architectures
- Correlated Use Cases
- Living in the Fast Changing Big Data Technical Universe
- Protecting your investment in skills
- Choosing your tech wisely
- “Future Proof” your architecture
- Top 10 Big Data skills for enabling your tech organization
Meet Your Instructor
Rich is a full-stack generalist with a deep and wide background in architecture, development and maintenance of web-scale, mission-critical custom applications, and building / leading extraordinary technology teams.
He has spent about equal thirds of his two decade career in the Fortune 500, government, and start-up arenas, where he’s served as everything from the trench-level core developer to VP of Engineering. He currently spends the majority of his time sharing his knowledge about Amazon Web...Sujee
Sujee has been developing software for 15 years. In the last few years he has been consulting and teaching Hadoop, NOSQL and Cloud technologies.
Sujee stays active in Hadoop / Open Source community. He runs a developer focused meetup and Hadoop hackathons called ‘Big Data Gurus’. He has presented at variety of meetups.
Sujee contributes to Hadoop project and other open source projects. He writes about Hadoop and other technologies...Andrew S
Andrew is a mathematician turned software engineer who loves building systems. After graduating with a PhD in pure math, he became fascinated by software startups and has since spent 20 years learning. During this period, he’s worked on a wide variety of projects and platforms, including big data analytics, enterprise optimization, mathematical finance, cross-platform middleware, and medical imaging.
In 2001, Andrew served as company architect at ProfitLogic, a pricing optimization startup...