The AWS for System Administrators training course provides a hands-on examination of the key concepts, technologies, products and services used by in a typical AWS infrastructure.
The course begins with a simple setup of a “Hello World” application. And then walks the operations engineers through the complete operations lifecycle, including pushing a “production ready” app to AWS and configuring a simple H/A solution.
This course is focused on the system administration aspects of AWS instead of the development aspects.
What You'll Learn
In the AWS for System Administrators training course you’ll learn:
- Overview / Review of AWS
- Working with AWS
- Meta-services v. DIY solutions
- Key-meta services: Storage, compute, networking, database, deployment, management, etc.
- Relating meta-services to Intuit infrastructure
- Software development process and operations – managing the intersection of both
- SDK Recipes for Meta-services (each meta-service will be covered)
- Setup / Configuration / Administration
- Monitoring / Notifications / Interactions
- Best practices
- Tying it all together – Client Case Study
Meet Your Instructor
Mark is an experienced/hands-on BigData architect. He has been developing software for over 20 years in a variety of technologies (enterprise, web, HPC) and for a variety of verticals (healthcare, O&G, legal, financial). He currently focuses on Hadoop, BigData, NOSQL and Amazon Cloud Services. Mark has been doing Hadoop training for individuals and corporations; his classes are hands-on and draw heavily on his industry experience.
Mark stays active in the...