The Testing REST Services in AWS training course focuses on helping Quality Engineers / Quality Assurance Engineers successfully make the transition from a traditional, data-center development / testing / production environment, to a cloud-based environment.
The course also assumes students are familiar with Web Services concepts.
- Describe the differences between data-server based environments and cloud-based environments
- Create, manage, and log into an AWS AMI defined image
- Describe the principles, methods, and philosophies around REST services
- Understand the structure and capabilities of the HTTP protocol
- Implement various tests using tools like: TestNG, POSTMan, Selenium ,RestClient, and others
What You'll Learn
In the Testing REST Services in AWS training course you’ll learn:
Session One: Overview of Web Services Testing – 2 hours
- Introduction to SOA
- What is SOA?
- Motivations, differences, and principles of SOA
- Common infrastructure components that enable a SOA solution
- Introduction to the Cloud
- What is Cloud?
- What is AWS?
- Difference between AWS and Intuit Data Center / Cloud
- Introduction to Web Services
- Overview of Web Services
- Common implementation strategies for Web Services (SOAP, REST, etc.)
- REST Web Services concepts
- REST Architectural principles
- Mechanics of HTTP
- Understanding JSON
Session Two: AWS Quick Start
- Introduction to AWS
- Basic AWS Administration concepts (AMI, instance creation, start / stop, duplicating, etc.)
- Advanced AWS concepts (auto-scaling, H/A settings, load balancing, etc.)
- Common AWS Tools
- Chef quick start
- Cloud Formation
- Cloud Watch
- Monitoring with Splunk and New Relic
- Deploying a Web Services to AWS
- Testing availability with a browser
Session Three: Testing on AWS
- Testing Concepts
- REST Web Service Testing Strategies
- Simple REST testing tools
- Configuring CURL to invoke REST calls
- Browser based testing with Postman
- Debugging with Firebug / Chrome Tools
- Executing Tests on AWS
- Application Level Testing
- Unit Testing with Mocha
- Functional testing using Selenium and Selenium Web Driver
- Services Testing
- Unit Testing with TestNG & jUnit & JMockit
- Functional Testing with RestAssured
- Executing CI / CD with Maven and Jenkins
- Executing tests using Maven
- Kicking off a CI test with Jenkins
- Performance Testing with JMeter
Meet Your Instructor
Mark is an experienced/hands-on BigData architect. He has been developing software for over 20 years in a variety of technologies (enterprise, web, HPC) and for a variety of verticals (healthcare, O&G, legal, financial). He currently focuses on Hadoop, BigData, NOSQL and Amazon Cloud Services. Mark has been doing Hadoop training for individuals and corporations; his classes are hands-on and draw heavily on his industry experience.
Mark stays active in the...Azat
In his spare time, Azat writes about tech on Webapplog.com, speaks at conferences and contributes to open-source. Before becoming an expert in Node.js, Azat finished his...