The Introduction to Puppet training course is a gentle, hands-on introduction to the IT Automation / DevOps tool Puppet. The course provides not only an introduction to IT automation concepts, it also explores how to automate your current infrastructure with Puppet. During the course you explore how to manage installed packages, schedule jobs, and even automate configurations.
The Introduction to Puppet course is designed to be a one-day quick start with Puppet, providing just enough of the fundamentals to get you started.
- Create a list on how to use Puppet in your current environment
- Install Puppet
- Review and run resources
- Use Puppet parser validate before commits
- Use the Trifecta (package/file/service)
- Convert a program into a module
- Use external modules
- Understand, at a high level, environments, parameterized classes, content temp
What You'll Learn
In the Introduction to Puppet training course you’ll learn:
- What is Puppet?
- Overview of IT Automation concepts and motivations
- Common IT Automation tools
- Overview of Puppet
- Installing and configuring puppet
- Core Puppet resources
- What is a resource?
- Defining resources
- The Puppet Trifecta
- Puppet Modules
- What is a module
- Converting a program into a module
- Working with External Modules
- Working with Puppet
- Understanding the Puppet Master and Agents
- Site manifests
- Parameterized classes
- Content templates
- Resource types
Meet Your Instructor
Elon has over 20 years of technical training experience and strongly believes that developers learn best by doing. He has trained in 40+ countries, and counting.
Elon is extremely passionate about sharing his in-depth knowledge in the DevOps world and beyond. His teaching style is engaging, fun and collaborative, while he continuously strives to learn more and expand his knowledge in the technology field. He holds a BA in Economics from CU Boulder.
Elon lives in the beautiful Boulder mountains...