The MongoDB for Python Developers training course teaches Python programmers how to work with and leverage MongoDB to create big-data solutions.
Aimed at existing Python developers, the course skips any formal introduction of Python, and jumps right into MongoDB concepts. Once the MongoDB concepts are covered, the course then transitions into writing Python applications that leverage Mongo. The course concludes with an examination of commonly used related Mongo topics such as GridFS.
- Learn how to setup and configure a basic MongoDB install
- Create a simple Python-Mongo CRUD application
- Work with indexing and schema design
What You'll Learn
In the MongoDB for Python Developers training course you’ll learn:
- What is MongoDB?
- What is MongoDB?
- How does it compare to RDBMS?
- How does Mongo fit into ‘big-data’?
- Core MongoDB Concepts
- Finding and downloading MongoDB
- The MongoDB environments and deployment models
- Installing and configuring MongoDB
- Performing standard DB operations with MongoDB
- The MongoDB Shell
- Performing basic CRUD operations
- Introduction to the MongoDB API
- Core concepts: Documents and Collections
- The PyMongo driver and the IPython Shell
- Designing Indexes and Schemas for MongoDB
- Core Indexing concepts
- Indexing, query profiling and the query optimizer
- Core Schema Concepts
- Learn from other’s: Exploring good and bad schema design case studies
- Practice makes perfect: Representing different domain models within MongoDB
- Creating schemas for atomic operations
- Setting up replication with Mongo
- Overview of replication concepts and requirements
- Defining and setting up replica sets
- Overview of sharding
- Understanding how sharding affects application design
- Creating shards
- Simple MongoDB Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
- Retrieving performant information from MongoDB
- Understanding what the data means
- Defining a performance tuning strategy
- Tuning process, measurement, and adjustments
- Additional Topics
- More administration commands
- Creating and working with GeoSpatial indexes
Meet Your Instructor
Rick is the principal consultant at Arborian Consulting, LLC. Previously, he was a lead software engineer at Geeknet, the company that owns the websites SourceForge, Slashdot, ThinkGeek, and FreeCode. He has spoken at OSCON, PyCon, and several MongoDB-related events, and is a regular speaker at the Atlanta Python User Group and MongoDB User Groups. He is the author of Essential SQLAlchemy and MongoDB with Python and Ming...Rich
Rich is a full-stack generalist with a deep and wide background in architecture, development and maintenance of web-scale, mission-critical custom applications, and building / leading extraordinary technology teams.
He has spent about equal thirds of his two decade career in the Fortune 500, government, and start-up arenas, where he’s served as everything from the trench-level core developer to VP of Engineering. He currently spends the majority of his time sharing his knowledge about Amazon Web...Eric
Eric is a professional trainer and software developer who loves learning new things, sharing what he learns, and helping clients to solve business problems. He holds a BS in Computer Science from the Virginia Military Institute, and numerous software certifications to include the Microsoft Certified Professional Developer certification.Eric has extensive experience providing customized training and software development services for companies around the world for almost 18 years. He provides those services both on-...