The Service Oriented Architectures for Managers training course is designed for senior Stakeholders, Business Managers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Software Development Managers.
In the Service Oriented Architectures for Managers course, you will learn how Service Oriented Architectures can help you engineer large-scale, service based applications efficiently, and design systems than can grow, change, and scale. You will also learn about key implementation strategies with Web Services, common terminologies, technologies, and implementation tools. Last but not least, you will learn how introduce SOA into your software development organization in a low-risk, high-success fashion.
- Understand the basics of a Service Oriented Architecture model
- Learn with a service is, from both a business and an IT perspective
- Understand Service Oriented Analysis and Design (SOA/D) and how it compares and contrasts to OOA/D
- Learn implementation strategies leveraging Web Services
- Understand possible future directions for SOA
What You'll Learn
In the Service Oriented Architectures for Managers training course, you’ll learn:
- History of Service Oriented Architecture
- History of distributed programming
- Challenges with traditional distributed programming
- Overview of service-based solutions
- Types of Service Oriented Architectures
- SOA Principles
- Defining a common language: Understanding the terminologies
- Defining a common implementation: Understanding the technologies
- Definitions: SOA, BPM, Web Services
- Creating Interoperability and applicability
- Essential SOA & BPM components to achieve agility
- Implementing SOA Within Your Organization
- New infrastructure & application development paradigm
- Change Management
- Maturity Model
- Infrastructure components and tools
- Working with SOA
- Key decisions, motivations, and risks
- Driver for business and IT agility
- “I have to learn another new paradigm?”
- SOA or Web Services: Making the right choice
- Design considerations: Contract-first
- SOA Development Life-Cycles
- Critical success factors
- Measuring ROI
Meet Your Instructor
- Kelby Zorgdrager
Kelby Zorgdrager’s expertise in Java, Open Source, and software development have allowed him to be a guest speaker at JavaOne, Java University, Comdex, IEEE Software Conference, and the Colorado Software Summit.
Kelby has also served as a guest author for both IBM and Sun/Oracle’s developer sites. Furthering his passion to help people learn, Kelby served as a technical editor for the bestselling book, Advanced Java: How to Program,...Simon
Simon has over 15 years of experience defining, developing, and delivering software development training programs.
As a senior instructor and courseware developer for Sun Microsystems, Simon developed and delivered Java training courses for Sun Educational Services’ internal and external customers. While at Sun, he was a guest presenter at JavaOne, Java University, and other software trade shows. Simon’s most significant accolade was his work as the development lead in the design, development,...