The Introduction to Apache Solr training course teaches developers and administrators the skills and knowledge needed to use Apace Solr as an data index or data store.
The Working with Apache Solr course begins with a survey of what Solr is and how it relates to modern architectures and uses. With the foundation laid, the course then examines how to configure Solr from a data schema and index configuration perspective. Next querying Solr in a variety of ways and indexing and updating of data is discussed.
The Introduction to Apache Solr course concludes with a discussion of installing, managing, and scaling Solr.
- Describe what Solr is and why and when it is used.
- Understand typical document indexing and searching strategies
- Create and configure Solr schemas and data types using schema.xml
- Configure Solr indexes with solrconfig.xml
- Search Solr using Solr query syntax including facets, ranges, grouping, and sorting via HTTP
- Update Solr indexes by indexing, updating, and deleting via HTTP
- Install, configure, and run a simple Solr instance
- Understand the Solr runtime and how it relates to Java.
- Describe how to scale Solr using Solr Cloud.
What You'll Learn
In the Introduction to Apache Solr training course you’ll learn:
- Introduction to Apache Solr
- What is Solr?
- Why use Solr?
- Solr, NoSQL, CQRS
- Parsing the Solr Feature List
- Solr Resources
- Solr Concepts, Constructs, and Terminology
- How Solr Works In A Nutshell
- Defining Structures
- Taking Actions
- Running Solr Servers
- Field Types
- Indexing and Manipulating Documents
- Solr Queries
- Basic Query Components
- Query Parameters
- Solr Server Configuration and Administration
- Config files
- JRE basics
- Core Administration
- Solr Cloud
Meet Your Instructor
- Michael McClure
Michael McClure is a practicing software developer, course developer, and trainer with DevelopIntelligence. For the majority of his career, Michael has designed and implemented large-scale, enterprise-grade, Java-based applications at major telecommunications and Internet companies, such as Level3 Communications, US West/Qwest/Century Link, Orbitz, and others.
Michael has a passion for learning new technologies, patterns, and paradigms (or, he has a tendency to get bored or disappointed with current ones...