The Working with Spring Boot training course is a one-day hands-on intensive designed to help developers already familiar with the Spring framework adopt Spring Boot to build stand along applications.
The Spring Boot Learning Spike begins with a quick review of core Spring framework concepts, like Inversion of Control, annotations, and Spring configuration. It then transitions into a code-level examination of the key Spring Boot concepts.
During the Working with Spring Boot training, you will learn how to use Spring Boot to create both stand-alone Java applications as well as Web-based applications.
This course assumes you have both a background in Java and the Spring Framework.
What You'll Learn
In the Working with Spring Boot training course you’ll learn:
- Quick review of Spring Framework fundamentals
- Key spring concepts
- Inversion of Control / Dependency Injection
- Java annotations
- Spring configuration
- Creating stand-alone Java applications
- Monitoring and controlling the JVM using tools like jps
- Working with shut-down hooks
- Controlling threads to ensure appropriate shutdown
- Simplifying stand-alone Java development with Spring Boot
- Understanding capabilities of Spring Boot
- Creating a simple stand-alone application
- Creating a simple web application
- Configuring Spring Boot and managing dependencies
- Best Practices
- Testing with Spring Boot
- Working with production-grade services
- Spring boot CLI
- Integrating Spring boot with other languages like Groovy