The Introduction to Agile Development training course provides the background information needed for anyone who is considering a move to Agile Development or is already involved in Agile Development. The course begins with a look at how software processes have developed and changed over time, delving how new technologies and product paradigms affected the evolution. With the historical context laid, the course then examines the world of Agile Development, dispelling common myths (like its code for Chaos), and clarifies concepts such as Test-driven Development, Scrum, Pair-programming, Extreme Programming, Refactoring, and others.
What You'll Learn
In the Introduction to Agile Development training course, you’ll learn:
- History of Software Development and Processes
- Motivations for Change: Iterative Development
- Defining Iterative Development
- Defining Evolutionary and Adaptive Development
- Introducing Agile Development
- What Is Agile?
- Agile Principles and Practices
- Agile Project Management
- How to Become Agile
- What Is Scrum: Methodology overview, process life-cycle, values, roles, practices, strategies, etc.
- What Is Extreme Programming: Methodology overview, process life-cycle, values, roles, practices, strategies, etc.
- Agile Development With the Unified Process: Methodology overview, process life-cycle, values, roles, practices, strategies, etc.