The User Experience - Research and Design training course teaches students about the principles of User-centered design and the value of User Experience (UX) to an organization, as well as the tools and activities a UX Researcher or Designer engages with to bring best practices to bear within the product lifecycle. The class introduces students to some of the tools that are available to properly conduct user feedback and usability sessions, as well as evaluate those findings (qualitative and quantitative analysis). It will also highlight and introduce the tools and skills needed to develop sketches, wireframes, interactive prototypes and high-fidelity mockups. This course focuses on the philosophies and nuts-and-bolts required to build an intuitive user experience in any digital environment, from enterprise web to responsive to mobile.
- Understand the fundamental principles of User Experience and User-Centered Design
- Be familiar with various UX roles, including User Researcher, User Experience Designer, UI Designer and others
- List general principles of User Experience
- Describe the process of gathering user feedback
- Understand the difference between qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Have a basic understanding of at least four tools used for User Experience Design
- Usability test an application
What You'll Learn
In the User Experience - Research and Design training course you’ll learn:
- What is User Experience, and why is it important?
- What are the roles and activities related to User Experience and User Research?
- How does User Experience design relate to the product lifecycle?
- Case studies and examples of UX in business
- Practical application of UX in less than ideal circumstances
- UX Research
- Exploration of User Research Tools
- Contextual Inquiry and User Testing (Qualitative Analysis)
- Usability Testing
- Online surveys, metrics and measurement (Quantitative analysis)
- UX Design
- Exploration of User Experience Design Tools
- Card Sorting and Sketching
- Wireframing and Prototyping (Interactive and Static)
- High Fidelity Design
- Component Design and Component Library standards