The Introduction to UML training course examines the history and motivations of UML. Our Introduction to UML training also provides an introduction to some of the more common UML diagrams, including sequence, class, package, and activity diagrams.
What You'll Learn
In the Introduction to UML training course you’ll learn:
- What is UML?
- History, Evolution, and Competing Modelling Techniques
- Review of OO concepts
- Key UML Concepts: Notations, Meta-models, diagrams
- Essential UML: Class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams
- Working with UML: Diagramming tools, translating UML to code, managing UML artifacts
- Implementing a sample UML design into code, in either: Java, C++, PHP, or C#
Meet Your Instructor
- Kelby Zorgdrager
Kelby Zorgdrager’s expertise in Java, Open Source, and software development have allowed him to be a guest speaker at JavaOne, Java University, Comdex, IEEE Software Conference, and the Colorado Software Summit.
Kelby has also served as a guest author for both IBM and Sun/Oracle’s developer sites. Furthering his passion to help people learn, Kelby served as a technical editor for the bestselling book, Advanced Java: How to Program,...Jean
Jean brings years of development experience into her teaching, making the learning experience practical for her students. Originally a Smalltalk developer, Jean has an expansive knowledge of object-oriented (OO) development, analysis, and design. Jean has worked in every stage of the software development process for a variety of businesses – from small non-profits, to government agencies, to global enterprises.
Jean was also one of the top instructors at Sun Microsystems in North America and Europe....