The LESS training course focuses on using LESS to simplify the process of writing CSS documents.
The LESS course assumes prior knowledge of CSS, and will examine how the different modules of LESS are used. After covering LESS syntax basics, the course will explore LESS components like variables, mixins, functions, and operations.
If you are looking for a course in CSS basics, we recommend the Introduction to CSS course.
Upon completion of this course, you should know:
- LESS Basics and how to incorporate LESS into Web Pages
- Working with LESS Variables
- Understanding Mixins
- Working with Functions and Operations
What You'll Learn
In the LESS training course, you’ll learn:
- HTML and CSS Review
- Creating Tag Based Layouts
- Review of Classes and IDs
- Understanding Selectors
- CSS3 Selectors
- Introduction to LESS
- What is LESS?
- History of LESS
- Benefits of Using LESS
- How to Use LESS
- Understanding LESS Syntax
- LESS Variables
- Parametric Mixins
- Mixins as Functions
- Conditional Mixins
- Importing and Working with Loops
- Creating and Managing Loops
- Working with LESS Functions and Operations
- Adding, Subtracting, Dividing, and Multiplying Values
- Understanding LESS Function Syntax
Meet Your Instructor
Alex began writing code as an eight year old on his first computer, a Tandy TRS-80. In 1995, Alex developed his first website and has been hooked ever since. He went on to study Computer Science at Georgetown University, followed by working as a government consultant and classroom instructor in the Washington, D.C.-area.
Alex has spent his entire career developing web applications that work in the browser, and teaching web development technologies. He has developed several large-...