The Introduction to Mobile Application Design training course teaches students how to effectively design a user experience for a smart-phone / tablet based application across iOS, Android, and HTML5 Mobile Web platforms.
This course focuses on the philosophies and nuts-and-bolts required to build an intuitive user experience in a real-estate-constrained environment.
- Describe differences in smartphone User Interface design versus traditional UI design
- List four general principles of User Interface Design
- Describe the “task focused” principles of Mobile Design
- Describe and list input design principles
- Understand constraints place on UI components
What You'll Learn
In the Introduction to Mobile Application Design training course, you’ll learn:
- Mobile Design Process
- Defining the application
- Designing the application
- Validating the flow and interactions
- Prototype and fast user feedback
- General User Interface Design Principles
- Interaction metaphors
- Creating intuitiveness
- Mobile Design Principles
- What’s your focus?
- Task focused
- Content focused
- Interaction focused
- User Input Design Principles
- General user input
- Input guidelines, sizing, placement, etc.
- Navigation and gestures
- Alerting, keyboards, dialogs
- Dealing with modality
- UI Components and Visual Elements
- Paradigms and placements
- Visual elements
- Orientation changes
- Responsive Design
- Why do we need this now?
- Mobile first
- Fixed vs. fluid
Meet Your Instructor
Kamren has a love of all things front-end and has enjoyed bringing his 10+ years of web development experience into each class he teaches. Recently Kamren has been working with a leading insurance company as a senior developer of front-end architecture and mobile web application design. He was instrumental in shaping their front-end development team and leading the company into single page application development. Before that, Kamren had the privilege of being the first Sun Certified Ajax instructor. And a few years...