The Introduction to Rails training course teaches you how to create web applications using Rails. During this course, you will learn the full Rails MVC stack, testing techniques, Ajax and even web services. You will learn first hand the life-cycle of a Rails project, giving you experience with all facets of a typical Rails app.
- Configure and install Ruby and Rails
- Understand Rails’ opinions and how to embrace or override them
- Build a new Rails application from scratch
- Learn how to leverage ActiveRecord with associations, validations, and callbacks
- Learn how to configure Rails’ routing
- Understand the various deployment options for Rails applications
What You'll Learn
In the Introduction to Rails training course you’ll learn:
- Intro to Rails
- Getting started with Rails
- Active Record
- Testing with Rails
- Unit Tests
- Advanced Rails Topics
- RESTful Web Services
- The future of Rails
- BDD with Cucumber & RSpec
Meet Your Instructor
Like many experts in similar fields, Daniel is an entrepreneur. Daniel founded Collective Idea in 2005, converting it from one man’s freelance projects into a thriving company with employees in multiple cities and states. He acts as Chief Technology Officer for Paper Hat Press, LLC and Breakthrough.com. He writes and contributes to open-source projects, including Ruby on Rails. He frequently serves as a tech adviser for start-ups and companies. He even has a college degree, from Hope...Peter
Peter started programming before he learned how to use a keyboard properly, after messing around with a Commodore 64, BASIC, and a few cassette tapes.
Starting in the late 1990’s Peter became a passionate contributor to the open source community. As an active participant he has submitted bug fixes and new features to several projects and has released many of his own software packages as open source.
In 2006 Peter left upper management and became a freelance software...