The steady growth of technology, computer programing, information technology, and software development has changed the world and benefitted humanity in numerous ways. DevelopIntelligence aims to support college students who are using programming to better themselves and the world. Those in Computer Science majors will be considered but it is not a requirement. Selection is based on demonstrated passion for technology, academic excellence, and leadership while working to make a difference in the world and software industry.
Every year we will award a $1,000 scholarship. The prize will be awarded to help toward the winner’s college tuition.
Our scholarship is open to any student who meets the following criteria:
- Student is enrolled full time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college or university in the United States.
- Student has completed at least one computer science class with a grade of at least 3.4 out of 4.0, or the equivalent.
- Student has concrete plans to take at least one computer science class in the upcoming school year.
The applications are due before September 1st of each year (to be credited toward the following fall quarter/semester tuition).
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Copy of current transcript,
- Letter of recommendation from Professor of computer science (sent directly by the Professor by E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the letter of reference from [name of student]),
- A 250-350 word essay that explains how you would use today's technology to solve future problems.