The Test Driven Development with Scala training course focuses on helping Scala developers and QA engineers write effective and complete tests for Scala based applications.
The Effective Testing Scala course begins with a introduction to test driven design concepts and the significance of TDD to modern software development. It then transitions into the mechanical aspects of testing with Scala, covering things like the SBT, ScalaTest, and Specifications.
Along the way, you’ll will learn different testing strategies, how to work with Mock Objects, and how to effectively test Scala frameworks like Akka and Play.
What You'll Learn
In the Test Driven Development with Scala training course you’ll learn:
- Introduction to Testing
- What is Test Driven Design
- Why Test Driven Design in important
- A Little be about SBT (Simple Build Tool)
- Basic Concepts
- Compare and Contrast With Maven
- How to create a Project in SBT
- An overview of SBT Settings and Commands
- How to manage SBT history
- How to use Triggered Executions
- How to Run Tests
- Installing ScalaTest
- Matchers in Scala Test
- Exception Handling
- Given When Then
- Pending Tests
- Ignoring Tests
- Tagging Tests
- Effectively Using Specifications:
- Free Spec
- Word Spec
- Effectively using Java Standard Testing frameworks
- Creating fixtures to avoid copying code
- Installing Specs2
- Matchers in Specs2
- Creating Unit Specification
- Creating Acceptance Specifications
- Chain testing
- Using Given When and Then
- Use DataTables to do rigorous testing
- How to tag tests
- How to create fixtures to avoid copying code
- Difference between mocks, stubs, dummies, and mocks
- Using Easy Mock with Scala and ScalaTest
- Using Mockito with Scala and Specs2
- Mocking Difficult Constructs with ScalaMock
- Why you need to use ScalaCheck now!
- Automated Testing
- Creating and Constraining Properties
- Grouping Properties
- Using Built in Generators and Arbitrary
- Creating Your Own Generators and Arbitrary
- Integrating ScalaCheck with ScalaTest
- Integrating ScalaCheck with Specs2
- Scala Testing Integrations
- Scala Testing in Akka
- Scala Testing in Play
- Scala Testing in Selenium
Meet Your Instructor
Daniel has been a self-employed developer, teacher and speaker for private businesses, education and government entities since 1999. Daniel also actively teaches programming for the University of New Mexico Continuing Education.
Daniel is a Pomodoro Technique practitioner, and co-founder of the Albuquerque Java User’s Group in Albuquerque, New Mexico. When he’s not supporting other local Java developers, Daniel spends most of his waking hours developing in and around the Java ecosystem, encompassing...Sujee
Sujee has been developing software for 15 years. In the last few years he has been consulting and teaching Hadoop, NOSQL and Cloud technologies.
Sujee stays active in Hadoop / Open Source community. He runs a developer focused meetup and Hadoop hackathons called ‘Big Data Gurus’. He has presented at variety of meetups.
Sujee contributes to Hadoop project and other open source projects. He writes about Hadoop and other technologies...