- Describe what Solr is and why and when it is used.
- Understand typical document indexing and searching strategies
- Create and configure Solr schemas and data types using schema.xml
- Configure Solr indexes with solrconfig.xml
- Search Solr using Solr query syntax including facets, ranges, grouping, and sorting via HTTP
- Update Solr indexes by indexing, updating, and deleting via HTTP
- Install, configure, and run a simple Solr instance
- Understand the Solr runtime and how it relates to Java.
- Describe how to scale Solr using Solr Cloud.
What You'll Learn
In the Introduction to Apache Solr training course you’ll learn:
- Introduction to Apache Solr
- What is Solr?
- Why use Solr?
- Solr, NoSQL, CQRS
- Parsing the Solr Feature List
- Solr Resources
- Solr Concepts, Constructs, and Terminology
- How Solr Works In A Nutshell
- Defining Structures
- Taking Actions
- Running Solr Servers
- Field Types
- Indexing and Manipulating Documents
- Solr Queries
- Basic Query Components
- Query Parameters
- Solr Server Configuration and Administration
- Config files
- JRE basics
- Core Administration
- Solr Cloud
Meet Your Instructor
Michael is a practicing software developer, course developer, and trainer with DevelopIntelligence. For the majority of his career, Michael has designed and implemented large-scale, enterprise-grade, Java-based applications at major telecommunications and Internet companies, such as Level3 Communications, US West/Qwest/Century Link, Orbitz, and others.
Michael has a passion for learning new technologies, patterns, and paradigms (or, he has a tendency to get bored or disappointed with current ones)....Rich
Rich is a full-stack generalist with a deep and wide background in architecture, development and maintenance of web-scale, mission-critical custom applications, and building / leading extraordinary technology teams.
He has spent about equal thirds of his two decade career in the Fortune 500, government, and start-up arenas, where he’s served as everything from the trench-level core developer to VP of Engineering. He currently spends the majority of his time sharing his knowledge about Amazon Web...Sujee
Sujee has been developing software for 15 years. In the last few years he has been consulting and teaching Hadoop, NOSQL and Cloud technologies. Sujee stays active in Hadoop / Open Source community. He runs a developer focused meetup and Hadoop hackathons called ‘Big Data Gurus’. He has presented at variety of meetups. Sujee contributes to Hadoop project and other open source projects. He writes about Hadoop and other technologies on his website.