The Introduction to MySQL Administration training course focuses on installing, configuring, and tuning MySQL as an RDBMS for use with Java, PHP, Ruby, and .NET. The MySQL Administration training is structured around the most recent MySQL 5.6 release.
What You'll Learn
In the Introduction to MySQL Administration training course you’ll learn:
- What is MySQL?
- Review of basic SQL concepts
- Downloading and Installing MySQL
- Controlling MySQL: manually, with scripts, as part of the boot process
- Configuring and Securing MySQL
- Working with Logs
- Data backup, restoration, and replication
- Optimizing MySQL: tuning databases and queries
- Setting up a MySQL cluster
Meet Your Instructor
Steve, a consultant and database administrator, has over 20 years of practical experience with Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server. He is certified in Oracle version 8 through 11g and is a charter member of the Nebraska Oracle User Group. He also holds a MCITP SQL Server DBA/Developer certification, Linux certification and a Real Application Clusters (RAC) certification.