The TSQL for the .Net Developer training course will concentrate on providing the .Net Developer with the necessary knowledge to create and/or revise high performance stored procedures and ad hoc TSQL queries. It starts with a quick review of TSQL and immediately jumps into tips and techniques for writing effective store procedures and TSQL queries and how to test such. This course will also provide the means to identify and resolve poorly performing queries.
Classroom sessions will be about one-fourth lecture and three-fourths demos. All PowerPoint files and TSQL demo scripts will be available to the attendee.
- Apply best practices in creating and revising TSQL stored procedures and queries
- Be able to analyze ineffective indexes and revise to improve performance
- Ascertain poorly performing queries/stored procedures and improve their performance
- Be able to analyze and research wait types affecting system performance and determine corrective actions
- Be able to take action when confronted with “The system is running slow”
What You'll Learn
In the TSQL for the .Net Developer training course you’ll learn:
- Comprehensive review of TSQL to include table JOINs, subqueries, windows functions, views, temporary tables, stored procedures, functions
- Transactions and concurrency
- Blocking/Deadlocks: how to analyze
- Deep dive into Indexes and their effect on query performance
- Understand and how to revise non-clustered indexes for improved query performance
- Missing indexes
- Unused indexes
- In-memory tables (when and how to implement and their effect on performance)
- Strategies for writing effective performing stored procedures and queries
- How to respond to “The system is running slow”!
- Wait Types: How to analyze and improve performance
- Techniques for performance enhancing TSQL
- Performance tools, sample performance tuning (demos)