The WS-Star with WCF training course, you will learn how to build enterprise-grade web services using Microsoft’s Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
The course begins with an overview of web service styles and WCF’s place is the .NET technology stack, before moving on to the details of WCF architecture and best practices.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the major styles of building a web service.
- Explain the key components of the WCF architecture.
- Secure your WCF web services.
What You'll Learn
In the WS-Star with WCF training course, you’ll learn:
- Introducing WCF and WS-*
- What is a web service?
- DCOM, remoting, and the bad old days
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Balancing tradeoffs – SOAP vs. REST
- WCF Basics
- Service contracts
- Data contracts
- More about serialization
- Service implementation
- Building Service Clients
- Using Svcutil.exe
- Channel factories
- Channel lifecycle
- [Optional] Building an asynchronous client
- WCF Architecture
- Instance lifecycle and state management
- Hosting options
- Improving reliability and throughput
- Securing WCF Applications
- Security overview
- Authentication and authorization
- Choosing credentials and protocols
- Exploring Windows Identity Foundation (WIF)
Meet Your Instructor
Eric is a consultant, a trainer, and a passionate programmer. For the past 15 years, he’s been building applications in a wide variety of industries, from structural engineering to video editing to currency trading. Growing up professionally in the world of .NET, Eric has an extensive background in C#, ASP MVC, and SQL Server with a variety of Microsoft certifications.